ember app and opera tv
chpanag last edited by
we are porting our web app as an operatv application. Besides the tweaking needed for the spatial navigation we are facing major performance issues when testing the app on real hardware (TV and blueray player). The web app is built with the emberjs framework. Are there any known issues regarding performance degradation for emberjs apps on operatv? Also, is there any standard way for debugging remotely the app that runs on the hardware?
Any help would be valuable.
kpotocki last edited by
Hello, in order to improve performance, follow below guidelines:
- keep things simple
- do not use box-shadow
- do not use text-shadow
- use opacity as little as possible
- use jQuery or other JS libraries as little as possible
- do not use CSS: animations and transitions and transforms
- do not use JS animations and fancy transitions
- limit number of AJAX calls
- decrease number of DOM elements
- remove unused code
- make sure your graphics are optimized for screen resolution (do not download big images and resize them in CSS / HTML)
Unfortunately, there is no standard way of debugging on devices.