Where are UK catch-up apps?

• Samsung are selling the BD-J5900 (a 2015 device using the Opera TV Store) as having iPlayer "coming soon". When I spoke with a Samsung representative in an online chat she confirmed the ITV Hub would also be coming (although I have my doubts - even Samsung staff seem to get Smart Hub and Opera TV Store mixed up).

How about it Opera TV employees? Any news on UK catch-up services? All 4 and Demand 5 would also be good!

• Hello,
    currently we do not offer these apps in Opera TV.
    I will relay your inquiry to the appropriate people, and we will look into acquiring them.

• Wish Id not bought this tv (Sony Bravia KDL- 48WD65) as the Opera TV store is dire. If only Id saved and bought an Android tv which I know has its problems as manufacturers place poor budget spec cpu's but at least it has usuable apps.

So my questions are - What OS are these tvs based on? Linux? If so, any ideas how to gain root or flash a decent distribution?

TV is still returnable but I'll give it a little grace if someone can tell me that Opera TV is in beta and better things are planned for it.

• Also.... How does URL loader work when only input device is a tv remote? How do I input letters?

I think Sony have been sold a 1990's turkey and Sony customers looking for a 'smart' tv are going to be returning sony hardware back and buying other smart platforms. This hasnt been tested by the people that built it.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.