Print to PDF file size is HUGE
mikeslack last edited by
Printing a webpage to PDF using Opera seems to generate large, sometimes huge, PDF files, depending on which PDF printer I use. For example, printing a page from the Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews creates files with the following sizes:
- Opera36 save using PDFium: 163kb
- Opera36 save using PDFXchange 4: 2,513kb
- Opera36 save using AdobePDF: 2,815kb
This is compared to the same page saved from FireFox 45:
- FF45 save using FFPDF: 169kb
- FF45 save using PDFXchange 4: 95kb
- FF45 save using AdobePDF: 74kb
Different pages yield different results - The Atlantic seems to generate smaller files from Opera than from Firefox.
Does anyone have any insight into why the huge variation in filesizes? Why would a file generated through the same PDF driver (PDFXchange or AdobePDF) be so much bigger from one browser than another? Thanks!
(BTW, Opera 36.0.2130.32 - Windows 7 64-bit)