Opera 35 DirectWrite disables bookmarks.

• Win 10 - 64 bit Administrator UAC disabled, Opera 35.0.2066.92 Nvidia GTX 960 driver 361.91.

I freshly installed Opera 35.0.2066.92 and disabled DirectWrite in opera://flags.
    After that the bookmarks did not show ether using the Opera drop down menu or clicking the icon in speed dial menu.

The bookmarks will only show when i enable DirectWrite in opera://flags.
    I also have a CRT monitor 1024x768 and have disabled ClearType.

• Just a heads up, tweaking anything in flags can break things. They are for hidden features that are generally still in testing. This may be a symptom of that.

• I have always disabled DirectWrite font rendering because i have the problem with bury fonts
    and this is the first time that this setting is not working as it should.

• As I said, it is a feature that is hidden for a reason. It may work one release and not the next.

As for your monitor, its well past time to upgrade. You can buy larger LCD monitors than that from thrift stores for $10. If you can scrape together $150 you can buy very nice ones new.

• Thank you Lando242 for all your help.

I use hidden features as much as i can, and for the monitor it is still working nicely for 11 years
    without problems.

Here where i live second hand and brand new monitors are very expensive.I will get a brand new one
    when the CRT is beyond repair.

Regards from Edgy Volts.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.