Speed Dials Disappeared after computer restart

  • All of my Speed Dials Disappeared.

    I am a new Opera User as of last week, wondering why all of the Speed Dials vanished.
    I used Opera all day yesterday without any problems, then shut it down in the evening a switched to Chrome to view a movie. Computer shut down correctly last night, this morning, went into Opera and all the Speed Dials were gone.

    Opera 35.0
    Version information
    Version: 35.0.2066.82 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (WoW64)
    Browser identification

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36 OPR/35.0.2066.82

    Paths

    Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera
    Profile: C:\Users\x_000\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
    Cache: C:\Users\x_000\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable

  • Extensions installed are Ghostery, Print, QR Code Generator

    Computer is logged in and synced with Opera

    The option that i previously saw for (Other Speed Dials) is missing.

    The current speed dial menu is completely blank

    Cookies are set to Keep local data only until I quit my browser

  • Paths
    Install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera
    Profile: C:\Users\x000\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
    Cache: C:\Users\x000\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable

    Use four spaces starting the line to show correct data:

    Install:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera
    Profile:    C:\Users\x_000\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable
    Cache:  C:\Users\x_000\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable
    

    Was that right now? :wizard:

  • Actually I edited the paths replacing it with X_000 so my actual paths were not being posted publicly.

    I ended up going into the Bookmarks folder where I found the "Other Speed Dials" that are synced from my other computer and Iphone and was able to re-import the previous days speed dials.

    I also went clicked on the Sync Icon and noticed there was a re-sync option available, so I did a re-sync, then logged into my Opera account and looked around. I see that the speed dials from all three devices are appearing in the sync account. As long as they remain there, I should be OK.

    This is a really horrible Opera Bug - It would of been mission critical for my business if I hadn't had a Sync set set-up, and if nothing else a entire waste of time to redo all the speed dials. I actually moved to Opera to save time and speed thing up's, this just slowed things down.

    Thanks for the help, a quick Internet shows that the Speed Dial issue is fairly common. Hope this gets fixed.

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.