:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Latest Opera Dev on Mac

• Hi,

I use Opera dev since I like to get all the latest and greatest from Opera as soon as possible :)

Since recently I noticed that my Mac Book Pro has started using fan while I'm using Opera. I think it maaaay coincide with live wallpapers feature.

I could post Energy Usage if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

• If the live video is showing, it's quite obvious this would take more energy. But it shouldn't do so if the video isn't on the screen.

• I am using 37.0.2142.0 currently and energy consumption is much better. Although, Safari has much better result than Opera. Sadly I don't have Chrome (nor do I plan to install it), but if I'm to guess I would say that it is due to Blink engine being much more battery hungry than Safari.

• I occasionally observe a process with Opera Dev that consumes close to 100% of CPU power. For instance, like this

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.