Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

YouTube Audio Issues

• I honestly do not know if this is a problem with Opera or one of the other related sites/software but I usually get good, quick, advice and help here so thought I would give it a shot.

First of all, when did YouTube stop using Flash for their videos and switch to HTML5?

In either case, when playing a YouTube video the audio has a "popping sound" to it, it sort-of sounds like a poor speaker or mike connection and the audio is a little bit stuttery. And it's not a hardware issue as audio works fine everywhere else on my system. This seems to be a recent occurrence since the audio was fine late last week but the last couple of days the problem cropped up. (In an Opera or Flash update?)

Opera version is: 32.0.1948.25
    Flash Version is the latest one: 18.whatever.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Flash several times, rebooted the system a few times, esp. after the reinstalls, dumped caches and cookies and more or less everything I can think of. Malware and Virus detectors come up clean.

Any thoughts?

• If you are using the HTML5 version of YouTube messing with Flash wont do you any good. The HTML5 version uses zero Flash. Not for audio, not for video.

• Right. I got an add-on/extension that "forced" YT to use Flash, and it didn't change or impact the audio issues.

• so any answers or what can we do?? im having the same issue

• I don't have anything for you. I've never heard of that problem before. Sorry.