Crippling "Opera Not Responding" issue

• My apologies for an inevitably lengthy post & if this issue is already being discussed elsewhere, I couldn't find any similar keywords using search.

I'm using basic Opera Mobile on an HTC OneM8 with the force updated lollipop of a nightmare running system & a paid AV/Mal/theft service. I've had no problems with the combo until Wed. evening; mid-surf my keyboard froze, closed out & immediately got a pop-up notification stating 'Opera Is Not Responding'. No biggie: closed app, powered on/off using reset all apps/app history option & began browsing again; within seconds...freeze/close/pop-up. Opera then began to refuse to close altogether after freezing. Minimizing the page didn't help & maximizing after minimizing turned my entire screen black(even outside of the browser parameters). I had to power off my phone to get any change. I cleared my cache, history, etc. & finally gave up. I went to email, text & then my music player; problem being, I was still being overrun by Opera notifs w/o the other issues. I made sure Opera wasn't a cached system process(background & foreground) before reporting via the pop-up. After the 3rd freeze while trying to report I decided to keep count, 10 sentences took 5 minutes to finalize & netted me 29 notifs. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cursed losing all saved browser info & was comforted by the notion that the action seemed to have solved the problem. Not so: 48 hours later & I've just received 2 notifs 10min. apart, with Opera not in use, whether the frequency of the notifs will increase again has yet to be seen. I haven't received a reply regarding the report or my email via the PlayStore. SO, here I am & there you have it. Anyone else having/heard of this problem? Any ideas on a possible fix? I'm open to switching to Opera Mini if it's a better fit for my device.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.