If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Few basic annoyances
Deleted User last edited by
I'm really annoyed by how Opera works since 12.16. I'd be very glad if anyone has a link of a good web browser since Opera after 7 years of good experience is now dead. I don't like IE, never liked Firefox (gave it another shot a week ago) or Chrome. Anyone?
For the end, I'd like to say thanks Opera for a great tool that lasted 7 years. It's been the best and the ultimate browser until you chose to reinvent the wheel with this nuinsense. I'm confused and have no idea why you chose to kill yourself with already poor market share, but you did it wrong, the people told you you're doing it wrong, but you persist you're doing it right. Fine and bb.
And here's few ideas what's wrong around here:
- No warning for exiting opera while downloading stuff, interrupting the download and no way to resume, but restart from scratch. Ok so its my bad I forget to let it run, but I get punished for my stupidity by wasting time to redownload stuff. Computers were supposed to help fix peoples errors. A very basic remainder like there used to be in the past would be priceless. At 15.0...
- You insist 90 percent of ppl don't use bookmarks at all. That's totally understandable, Opera is in many cases secondary, not primary web browser. However you put it, the excuse for lack of longawaited feature doesn't solve the fact it's not there. I've waited for nearly a year, looking forward for 16+, to end woth 20.0 with no improvements whatsoever
- Being my primary browser for 7 years, I was forced to use Explorer for the sole reason of banking since 15.0
- Exposing my personal web accounts data with unprotected passwords. Yes, they can be recovered and seen by other software, but not within the browser itself. This is ridiculous. And the damn thing wont work on hundreds of websites since 15.0
- Even deleting history is a problem. You cannot erase typod searches (autocomplete, ???)cannot override/delete preinstalled search engines, now having to use yt (youtube) over y because y is reserved to yahoo
- Ridiculous updates. My gf is bad at computing and managed to crash her laptop in less than a month. So I blocked her from doing anything else but browse the web, but the Opera conflicts with parental control every 14 days. So much hussle for such minor, not even mentionable little updates. Blah
linuxmint7 last edited by
Stick with 12.16, or more specifically 12.14, as it is more compatible with more sites than 12.16.
Security patch updates will still be offered if there are any needed, for the foreseeable future, as far as I am aware.
skewered last edited by
I've been a long-time Opera user from the 90s, and version 12 is still working fine for most of my needs. However, the Flash Video Downloader extension has stopped working with Youtube, and so I'm forced to consider upgrading to Opera 20 to get the new FVD extension.
But everything I'm reading about Opera 20 is making me think it's not worth it! As long as I can install it as a standalone, then I might still do that.
If I could just get FVD's 1.8 extension to work again in downloading Youtube videos on Opera 12, I'd be happy right back at version 12.