[DNA-17527] password manager troubles

• Hi all,

I have upgraded to the latest stable build of Opera (v20) yesterday. So far so good except the password manager.

I have noticed that two sites which worked fine in the previous version don't work, I mean login credentials are lost even if these sites have stored their credentials in the password manager. It's silly.

I have also noticed that now when I want to see a password in the manager the administrator confirmation is required. I don't know if it is a bug or intentional security improvement of the stored passwords. Upon confirmation of administrator login I can see passwords. However after that I cannot open any site in Opera, in fact Opera gets stuck. I have to restart Opera to get it back to work. It's definitely a bug and fully reproducible on my Vista Business 32 system.

A fix urgently needed.

Thanks & regards.

• I also met with this problem

• The anew password confirmation is a new security feature.
    Did you report that bug?

• The anew password confirmation is a new security feature.
    Did you report that bug?

Done!

• Perfect, thanks :)

• Hi, I'm looking into the issue but I can't reproduce it. I'm using Windows 7, so not sure if it's vista only or something else. Have anyone experienced it on another platform than winVista?

• Upadate: I'm not able to reproduce it in windows vista either

• Based on your comment I tried it today again and unfortunately the problem persists. Fully reproducible on my Vista machine.

• For me the same problem as pe73 under Win7 64bit :(

• @pe73: Thanks. I updated your post's headline ;)

• @pe73: Thanks. I updated your post's headline ;)

You're welcome :-) Hope it gets resolved soon.

• Updated to 20.0.1387.77 and the problem still persists. Confirmed by the change log that the issue has not been addressed yet :-(

• Update chromium to 1750.149.
    • DNA-16648 Adblock not working properly when opening pages in new tabs
    • DNA-17548 Crash on startup in >extensions::OneShotEvent
    • DNA-17556 download callout items won’t open
    • DNA-17722 [Windows] Tone down mixed content graphics
  • Another stable update and no fix yet :-( I wonder if they are ever going to resolve this bug. I am getting more and more fed up of Opera ... Why I wasted my time to report this bug when developers don't bother to fix it. A shame to speak ..

• This bug got closed since it's not reproducible.
    Are you able to reproduce this with a clean installation?

• What do you mean by a clean installation?

"... closed since it's not reproducible."
    Firstly, it would be nice, in case something got closed, to update a thread accordingly.
    Secondly, 3 users reported the issue in this thread. So this issue isn't being observed exclusively on my machine. Please put more effort to reproduce and resolve it.

• What do you mean by a clean installation?

install Opera as a USB-installation and try to reproduce it without changing any settings / installing extensions /...

What about your user account? Are you admin? Which credentials do you enter to access your PWs?

• OK, thanks. Unfortunately I am short of time now to try a USB installation. Maybe later.

I have only admin account, so I am admin. To see passwords an admin account login pops up and I have to fill password of my admin account.

• Opera 22 finally brought a resolution. No more problems with the password manager described in this thread. You can mark this DNA as resolved.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.