Invisible text in Settings, Speed Dial, Downloads, etc.

• The topic says it all. It makes the menus impossible to navigate - please help if possible. I have tried completely reinstalling Opera.
    Using Opera 29 I believe.
    Screenshot of my problem:
    Opera Not Working

• I have the same issue in Opera Beta.

• Opera has had this problem with some users that have a 'blank' font loaded on their system. We think it might be an extension in Opera that is doing it. Try disabling all of your extensions. If that doesn;t work try searching your font folder for a blank font and delete it.

• I can confirm it is not the extensions. I will look for a 'blank' font.

• Blank font? I have not heard of that before. I wonder what its use could be. Perhaps used by secret agents instead of invisible ink. :yes:

• Thank you so much! I did indeed have a font called "Blank" on my system, which I do not recall installing. However, after deleting this font, Opera is now working perfectly.

If anyone else has this problem investigate C:\Windows\Fonts and delete any "Blank" font (mine was called Blank Blank in the Font Manager).
    If it says the font is in use (keep in mind I use Windows 8.1):

• Right click the blank font and select 'properties'

• Take note of the file name

del "C:\Windows\Fonts\font-name.ttf"

• Open CMD and type the above command BUT DO NOT RUN (your path might differ from mine)

• Open task manager, close any running instance of Opera and explorer.exe (your Windows UI will disappear, but we'll get it back shortly)

• DO NOT CLOSE TASK MANAGER

• Run the command in CMD

• After the Font is deleted, go back to task manager

• Click 'File' then 'Run New Task'

• Type "explorer" (without quotes) and click ok

• Start Opera

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.