Moved from windows to 981 different distro's in the last month and settled on Kubuntu, tried to download Opera GX and got an .exe file ! That's not linux ! That's windows ! That Terrible ! So i did the follow :
- search for the package using apt, dnf, yay, arch, auch, conda, pip, python, tif, taf and tuf
- Looked on my 18TB backups of torrents i never use
- Scanned my 6000 movies for the change i overlooked a .deb file
- Asked google, jeeves, aol, bart, chatgpt, you, bing bang and bung
- Finally found this forum thread and made an user just for this
- Started complaining :
Dear Opera GX developers, have you heard of this OS called "Linux" ? More and more people use it, specially for development, gaming and trying to escape MSAppleSoft. Now wouldn't it be great to instantly get 50 to 500 thousand extra installs and make the same people happy instantly if you made the browser available ?
So stop looking at dancing women and make that flatpak, deb, rpm, dnf, yay, pacman, or .deb file. Or do like everyone else : Make a distro with GX pre installed and call it GX-Linux 94 ! Get on with it.