There's been a recent problem over several builds at https://finance.yahoo.com/. Namely, Yahoo's popup notifications request system, accept or block, doesn't recognize Block. That is, every new time at their Finance page, specifically at My Portfolio in my case, the popup reappears.Clicking Block again didn't stop it. In addition to contacting Yahoo Finance IT, I tried pausing AdBlock on the page and that ended the popups (Opera's adblock still on). At the request of AdBlock, I unpaused it to recreate the issue, which it did. Now, paused again, it's still putting up the popups each time. Excepting the page in Opera's blocker doesn't stop it either now. At first, it occurred with at least one other browser, which is why I didn't raise it earlier, but now it's not replicating with Edge, FF or Chrome. And, as I've reported today, Manage Exceptions is not showing anything. So not sure what's going on.
Posts made by sgrandin
-
RE: Opera 136.0.6008.80 Stable updateBlogs
-
RE: Opera 136.0.6008.80 Stable updateBlogs
In Settings, two things.
-
In Privacy Protection, block ads > Manage Exceptions doesn't show any results. It did yesterday, several of mine, with the previous build - and I had added another, no longer there. Adding one now still doesn't show anything.
-
In Settings, when entering a search term, such as 'adblock,' the cursor leaves the search field as soon as the 'a' is entered, which cuts off a more focused search without having to mouse back or scroll down and guess which one below pertains to adblocking. In addition, all the letter a's are highlighted in yellow down the page, along with result numbers for some of them, which is distracting, a lot to visually sort through.
-
-
RE: Opera 133.0.5932.85 Stable updateBlogs
Since PatchMyPC has been nagging me about the 134 update several times a day since Thursday (30th), I posted on their forum about the discrepancy and got a long answer Aug 1 claiming from different sources that the update is valid - https://forum.patchmypc.com/index.php/topic,8939.0.html. I pointed out that Help > About Opera and this site indicate otherwise, but haven't received a reply.
-
RE: Split Screen how toGeneral
@Mlipka Well, yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Just figured it was included w/o needing a setting. Strangely, that's left out of the instructions Opera and others post. Thanks!
-
RE: Split Screen how toGeneral
@leocg I wrote because that hasn't worked so far. I hold Ctrl and click on two tabs, now both white. Then no matter where I click down, one of the tab highlights is lost and there's no "Create Split Screen."
-
Split Screen how toGeneral
Win 11, Opera One. I have no sidebar and no cmd key, and am stuck figuring how how to split the screen. The instructions seem to say to drag a tab either to the right or left part of the screen and something will open to indicate split screen to drop it into. I'm not seeing any such thing and dropping simply opens up the tab in another window. What am I missing?
-
RE: Opera 129 StableBlogs
I see in the new 129 Stable 's Print Preview module, Scale has been changed to a Default or Custom drop down. I think it'd be better to show the last setting upfront, rather than buried, so users don't make a mistake.
I also wish that after so many decades it would include a '1' as the default under the Pages options, something that has been standard in Windows programs for a long time.
Also, after logging into these comments, the message implies that user will be brought back to this page showing logged in, but it doesn't. One has to refresh the page, but know to copy the typed comment first.
-
RE: Opera 127.0.5778.47 Stable updateBlogs
I wrote about something annoying about searches on some pages a good while back, and the problem still pops up: the page does not move to the first search result and others after it. At the following page, I did a Ctl-F search for 'stroke.' It shows two results, but the page doesn't move; I have to scroll down to find them.
-
RE: Opera 127 StableBlogs
@opera-qa-team: I hadn't checked, but doing so now, everything asked for in that top search bar runs on and on, e.g., banana, broccoli crowns and tuna. Safeway's twin, Albertson.com, responds correctly and quickly.
-
RE: Opera 127 StableBlogs
For some reason, a search for cantaloupe or cantaloupe melon runs on and on at Safeway.com with Opera, but not other browsers or even at Safeway's twin, Albertson's. This has been going on for some time. https://www.safeway.com/shop/search-results.html?q=cantaloupe melon&tab=products
-
RE: Opera 125 StableBlogs
Opera 125.0.5729.15 In a private FB group, I got a PM, where the choices are Block / Delete / Accept. At least the Accept button doesn't respond. I had to switch to visting the site in Edge.
- Blogs
-
RE: Opera 125 StableBlogs
Win 11 Pro x64, 25H2. This release is not handling the top articles on the home page at fasterskier.com correctly, cutting them off the upper half of the images. Look fine in Edge, Chrome, FF.

-
RE: Opera 123.0.5669.47 Stable updateBlogs
At the site below, in Opera I can't get rid of the strong password. Works with Edge.
- Blogs
-
RE: Opera 122Blogs
@sgrandin I realize that I didn't say...This problem arises after opening a new tab, where the cursor goes to the address field and the user expects to be able to type what they want, replacing the "smart" entry with what's typed.
-
RE: Opera 122.0.5643.51 Stable updateBlogs
Still type one thing in the address field and Opera puts in something entirely different from memory, just working off the first letter typed. Didn't work this way until just a couple of releases ago. Constant problem.
-
RE: Why don't Opera (One) updates uninstall or delete previous versions?General
@leocg Yes, I'm aware of that history. Just seems odd, since rolling back doesn't that hard, either from scrolling down the developers' page or via a simple search, "Opera previous versions," leading to a thread here that shows https://get.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/desktop/
-
RE: Opera 122Blogs
@Opera-QA-Team Thank you. Before you posted, I filed a bug report: BS-103724. I supplied a quasi-example, showing what Opera put in and mentioning in the text what I had typed.
Definitely, just one letter will do it. It's one of those things where it was relatively seamless before and so I can't remember for sure how it worked. By my vague recollection is that as the typing started, Opera would insert something highlighted in the Address field, but if one kept typing the latter would be replaced by the user's text. If so, that's what is often not happening now.
-
Why don't Opera (One) updates uninstall or delete previous versions?General
Run an update scanner and, depending on how it decides what needs updating, it's apt to see previous versions of programs, such as Opera, that haven't been uninstalled or the version number folders deleted. Why aren't Opera's? UCheck picks up on file names and noticed that in Users...\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Default, there are a few version folders still present. Why are they still there?