I recently had a problem where Opera GX had been crashing upon start-up, right after the opera start-up had played, then having it turn black and seeming to crash, not opening the app, and without an error message. I found an easy solution to the problem. It may not work for everyone, but it worked first time I tried it.
- Go to the Opera GX download page (https://www.opera.com/gx) and click "Download Opera GX"
- Run the file downloaded (OperaGXSetup.exe)
- There may be a screen saying "Accept and Upgrade", click the button. If it does not appear, you should be on step 4
- Select the file location for where you would like to download the new Opera GX install (example: c:\Users\test\appdata\local\programs)
That is the usual file local for the download, if it was located there originally, change the location of the download.
- Click download and wait for it to install. Once complete, open Opera GX and see if the problem is resolved.
I hope this resolved the problem of opera crashing when opened and after the animation, if this doesn't solve it, I am not the best with things and I might not be able to help much more.