• Login
    • Search
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Rules
    • Help

    Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

    Download Opera browser with:

    • built-in ad blocker
    • battery saver
    • free VPN
    Download Opera

    Lost access to 2FA authenticator and backup codes

    Opera account
    2
    2
    60
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      Mkaa27 last edited by

      Hello Opera Support Team,
       
      I am the owner of an Opera account that is currently protected by two-factor authentication (2FA).
       
      Unfortunately, I lost access to my authenticator app after resetting my phone. I also no longer have my backup recovery codes.
       
      I still have full access to:

      • The email address associated with the account
      • My Google account used to sign in with Opera
         
        I can successfully sign in with Google, but I am blocked at the 2FA verification screen and cannot access my Opera account.
         
        I would like to ask if there is any account recovery, identity verification, or account reset process available in this situation.
         
        I am willing to provide any information necessary to verify ownership of the account.

      I can provide my account email privately if needed.
       
      Thank you for your time and assistance.
       
      Best regards.

      Reply Quote 0
        M 1 Reply Last reply
      • M
        malcolmparkedhere @Mkaa27 last edited by leocg

        @Mkaa27

        If you no longer have access to the authenticator app and don't have the backup codes, the usual 2FA recovery options are limited. Having access to the email and Google account helps prove ownership, but it may not bypass the 2FA requirement.

        I'd first check if the old authenticator account can be restored from a backup (some authenticator apps support cloud sync). Also check if you are still logged in to Opera on any other device, since you may be able to access account settings from there and update your security options.

        If neither option works, your best bet is to contact Opera support through the official channels and explain the situation. Avoid posting your email or account details publicly on the forum. Only provide account information through a verified support request.

        Reply Quote 0
          1 Reply Last reply
        • First post
          Last post

        Computer browsers

        • Opera for Windows
        • Opera for Mac
        • Opera for Linux
        • Opera beta version
        • Opera USB

        Mobile browsers

        • Opera for Android
        • Opera Mini
        • Opera Touch
        • Opera for basic phones

        • Add-ons
        • Opera account
        • Wallpapers
        • Opera Ads

        • Help & support
        • Opera blogs
        • Opera forums
        • Dev.Opera

        • Security
        • Privacy
        • Cookies Policy
        • EULA
        • Terms of Service

        • About Opera
        • Press info
        • Jobs
        • Investors
        • Become a partner
        • Contact us

        Follow Opera

        • Opera - Facebook
        • Opera - Twitter
        • Opera - YouTube
        • Opera - LinkedIn
        • Opera - Instagram

        © Opera Software 1995-