• Login
    • Search
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Rules
    • Help

    Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

    Download Opera browser with:

    • built-in ad blocker
    • battery saver
    • free VPN
    Download Opera

    Browser extensions vs web tools for saving online videos

    Opera add-ons
    video download
    1
    1
    270
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • E
      edwardjames last edited by

      Hi everyone,

      I’ve been comparing different ways of saving publicly available online
      videos while using Opera, and I’m curious about what other users prefer.

      One option is a browser extension that adds the download functionality
      directly to the browser. Another option is using a web-based tool, which
      doesn’t require installing an additional extension.

      I’ve tried a few approaches myself, including fdown.media for publicly
      available Facebook videos, and I found the web-based approach convenient
      when I don’t want to add another extension to the browser.

      For regular Opera users, which approach do you prefer?

      • Browser extension
      • Web-based tool
      • Desktop application
      • Local/command-line solution

      I’m particularly interested in privacy, required permissions, browser
      performance, and overall convenience. Are there any particular things you
      check before using a video-saving extension or online tool?

      Reply Quote 0
        1 Reply Last reply
      • First post
        Last post

      Computer browsers

      • Opera for Windows
      • Opera for Mac
      • Opera for Linux
      • Opera beta version
      • Opera USB

      Mobile browsers

      • Opera for Android
      • Opera Mini
      • Opera Touch
      • Opera for basic phones

      • Add-ons
      • Opera account
      • Wallpapers
      • Opera Ads

      • Help & support
      • Opera blogs
      • Opera forums
      • Dev.Opera

      • Security
      • Privacy
      • Cookies Policy
      • EULA
      • Terms of Service

      • About Opera
      • Press info
      • Jobs
      • Investors
      • Become a partner
      • Contact us

      Follow Opera

      • Opera - Facebook
      • Opera - Twitter
      • Opera - YouTube
      • Opera - LinkedIn
      • Opera - Instagram

      © Opera Software 1995-