Opera Flow confirmation code not showing on desktop
gracetheartist last edited by
I signed into my opera account in both my desktop and my android phone. I want to connect my phone's Flow to my desktop's flow.
- Through the opera app, I tap "connect" and it opens a qr code scanner for me.
- Through the desktop app, I go to "Flow" sidebar -> settings -> Connect a Phone, and it gives me a qr code.
- I scan the qr code with my phone. The phone shows me a 6 digit confirmation code, while my desktop automatically loads up opera.com/connect which automatically redirects as my account homepage (https://auth.opera.com/account/edit-profile).
- I see nowhere to confirm on the desktop's end, enter the code, or anything. I only see my account page, with my profile photo, information, notification settings, current sessions, etc. I try to reopen Flow on the desktop, and it is still on the settings page. I am stuck.
- The phone's confirmation code times out, and it says "Failed to connect, Connection declined on your other device"
Issue: The website confirmation code page doesn't come up so I cannot confirm on my desktop end.
jhalchak last edited by
Same. I decided to try out Opera again (it's been probably decades now for me), and flow was one of the top 3 things that attracted me.
It seems like a few people have had a similar issue based on some forum posts but they either sit there unresolved or end with advice that doesn't fix the issue or just tells you to take the same steps.
TerrorFox-Tech last edited by
I had the same problem but was able to work around it. The key was to not do this through the sidebar. When connecting to flow on the phone you get to the point where you have to scaqn a QR code. The QR-code is not the same QR code as in the sidebar on desktop. Instead enter opera.com/connect in a new tab on the desktop. There is a QR code which is compatible with your phone setup. After scanning this QR code it should show the same 6 digits as on the phone. Acknowledge on the desktop tab they are the same