Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • Hello!

Thank you very much for the "Force Dark Mode" feature as well as the brand new filter configurations for it! It is pure awesome! 🙂 I've got a few notes/pointers/issues with it that I'd like to share.

• The filters only allow adding domains. They do not allow entering an address GLOB/RegExp. For example Google Maps currently has a significant issue; dark mode breaks (turns it plain dark) the miniature map preview, which is needed for navigating during Street View. Google maps is currently usable at "www.google.com/maps", while Google search is at "www.google.com". So it is not possible to use the feature for Google search without using it for maps.
    • There is no easy to reach documentation about the syntax of the filters. Only the preview seems to hint that [*.] may be a GLOB-style expression.
    • There is no easy to reach documentation about the precedence of enable/disable filters. I suspect at first glance that enable-expressions are used when dark mode forcing is off, while disable expressions are used when it is on, so there is no overlap. A short writing would be helpful.

Keep up the great work! 🙂