Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

option to disable sidebar.

• i am finding sidebar insanely irritating. i hide it, but when i open messenger or instagram or some other web page it pops up side bat that adds particular icon on it. i don't want it, don't push us to change browser after 9 years of use! i don't want sidebars, i don't want automatic linking of messenger every time i talk with someone i loath that sidebar, it makes my old laptop screen even more claustrophobic.

• I've lost track of how many times I have turned off the sidebar. Then it comes back on, by itself, and takes up half my screen with some Fabebook BS. Why the f does it not let me permanently disable it???!!

• If your sidebar is still open, or if it opens again, right-click on the sidebar and uncheck the apps. 🙂

• @jogurtninja said in option to disable sidebar.:

i am finding sidebar insanely irritating. i hide it, but when i open messenger or instagram or some other web page it pops up side bat that adds particular icon on it. i don't want it, don't push us to change browser after 9 years of use! i don't want sidebars, i don't want automatic linking of messenger every time i talk with someone i loath that sidebar, it makes my old laptop screen even more claustrophobic.

@ahabig said in option to disable sidebar.:

I've lost track of how many times I have turned off the sidebar. Then it comes back on, by itself, and takes up half my screen with some Fabebook BS. Why the f does it not let me permanently disable it???!!

did you Disable sidebar HERE? (disable show sidebar)

opera://settings/manageSidebar

• @viewer2012 said in option to disable sidebar.:

opera://settings/manageSidebar

Yes. In fact, I am back on this forum because it just turned itself back on and took up half my screen with an ad for facebook. Not cool.