Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Web Panel

• Here you can post comments about Web Panel extension, created by gustavwiz

• Every time I try to select one of the menu items, I just get "local://welcome/index.html". Am I doing something wrong?

version 1.4 with Opera 67.0.3575.31

Linux: PCLinuxOS 2020 with XFCE4.14

• Sorry for the above post. It's not clear from the instructions that I have to type the page address into the small web bar at the top of the panel, then press +, then change the address to a title. It should be clearer.

• Hi @davespagnol

I do not really understand the problem. Are you trying to add a bookmark? In that case, I cannot reproduce the issue.

If you are trying to just go to a website, you should just type it in and press enter.

• Found it pretty handy and useful, since I like to use shortcuts, it's pretty quick and easy to check websites
    is there a possible way to mantain a website active when web panel is inactive?
    let's say I want to keep the Steam chat active (https://steamcommunity.com/chat/), like the Whatsapp web panel that always stays on, but every 1-2 minutes it logs off when panel is not being used
    otherwise it's good for performance (i believe) that it suspends itself when is not being used. maybe make it a custom option for some case like this? just a suggestion, it's still pretty useful extension, thanks!

• Hi @superloki

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to keep web pages loaded when the extension is closed/inactive.
    Great that you find the extension useful.