Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Slow start & zombi processes

• Hello,

I was getting a very slow start and these messages appeared when using the command line:

[9977:9977:1003/140651.502921:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
    [9952:10046:1003/140716.798073:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(619)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.Notifications.GetCapabilities: object_path= /org/freedesktop/Notifications: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    [9977:9977:1003/140717.004866:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(488)] [.DisplayCompositor]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command

After a little hustle, I discovered that using the --password-store=basic makes Opera much faster again. I tried also with --disable-gpu --disable-software-rasterizer --password-store=basic --no-sandbox. However:

• Sync appears to be broken (every time I open Opera, It says that it's unsynced)
    • Microphone does not work (e.g. on WhatsApp web)
    • Last but no least, when I close Opera, few processes still active, and if I want to open Opera whith these, I have to wait a lot until it opens.

I have tried with a clean instalation a 100 times and It solver nothing. Thanks in advanced.