Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Change background color of header bars

• I just updated Opera to version 60.0.3255.59.
    It used to be that when browsing in private mode (open a new private window), the tab bar / navigation bar / address bar / bookmark bar would have a dark background (even though I was not using the dark theme). I thought this was fine - it was nice. But this latest version for some reason has a purplish color as the background. I don't like it, and some things are difficult to see. Unfortunately I do not see a way to change this background color except for enabling the dark theme, but I don't want to do this.
    Please can you either change it back to the color it used to be, or provide a way to change the background color for these header bars?
    Thank you!

• I downloaded the latest version of Opera earlier today. Along came the purple coloured tab bar. I find it impossible to see the symbols on the tab bar because of this colour. Opera don't seem to have considered us Silver-Surfers . My eyes simply cannot cope with that colour. It needs returning to the previous setting.

• I hate that light eyes-burning theme where there are no boundaries between the bookmarks and the address bar; and the sidebar disappears completely although I just want to see it at Speed dial.
    As for me, the Opera UI becomes worse with every update. I was Opera user since version 9 or so, now it seems like my patience ends finally.

• I totally agree.

• Yes please! Purple header with near purple text and icons makes no sense. Need contrast to see whats going on. Please get rid of purple on purple!

• It is annoying, to say the least, having an update of Opera forcing this uncharacterizable purplish tab color. Please chnage it to the classic one or give us the opportunity to select a color we like.