Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

How to C&P bookmarks...

• Is there a way in Opera to Copy & Paste a URL directly into a drop down bookmark category from the Bookmark Bar? A setting of some kind??

I rather not bother with the bookmarks folder, it takes multiple clicks to drop a URL in there. I want to be able to drop a URL into one of the drop down categories I already have set up on the Bookmark bar. In the appropriate place in the drop down too. Much simpler way to add a bookmark IMO. This is a default feature in Firefox and Chrome so I sort of expected it to be here in Opera too, but haven't found anything like it. All I find is when right clicking in a drop down, a "Bookmarks" link. Why can't I just drop a URL right there?

Thanks for any help....maybe I'm missing something?