Leaving again, for now. Too many annoyances still :(
last edited by
I have to give this up (again). Small, but essential bugs are too annoying
I run Opera on Gnome 3.28 (Wayland) on Manjaro.
- The window size / close buttons disappear when maximized.
- Using the menu option "Exit" closes ALL open Opera windows, not just the one I pick the option in. Which makes point 1 much more severe
- The occasional complete freeze of the desktop for 30 or more seconds when opening a new window after closing all open ones.
I guess I come back in 6 months again to see if these issues have been fixed.
A Former User last edited by A Former User
- Possibly a gnome issue. I think it was discussed again in the past
- The same thing happens in firefox and in chrome as well (and in the rest of the browsers I guess), because I assume this is the right behavior of the exit command on the menu. Pretty much like ctrl+t opens a new tab on all browsers, and thus not an issue.
- I am pretty sure you should blame gnome about that. Have you tried using another desktop enviroment along with wayland or xorg along with gnome?