Problem updating opera

• Hi guys, I want to point out to some problem I am encountring lately with opera, I am on linux mint (17 on a machine and 18 on the other), I can't update opera, tried both beta and the stable, I get the message in the update manager message:
    "W: Failed to fetch https://deb.opera.com/opera-beta/pool/non-free/o/opera-beta/opera-beta_49.0.2725.31_amd64.deb
    Operation too slow. Less than 10 bytes/sec transferred the last 120 seconds"
    I can't install extensions, the install button turns into a red Error button, it's even hard to load the extensions web page, I have to refresh it multiple times, (the same thing happens if I try to open the page in other browsers).
    Even log in to Sync in the browser is slow
    And now I just noticed a message here saying: "Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect."
    I tried complete uninstalling and purge then reinstalling without success
    I also tried Windows7 opera with the same result
    I have to mention that opening other websites using opera works all normally, without any problem.
    Thank you

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.