stop websites eating up our valuable mobile data (for both compters & cell phones)

• Hi It would be great if newer browser versions had a feature like it looks at the size of a picture if it is outside or too massive for the size of the HTML code then it would give a warning to the visitor not to download that website.

I am referring to the fact that now web master (or they think they are) put great big massive picture at their websites that could very easy eat up a few megabytes (unnecessarily) of mobile data, then they use their HTML etc code to chop the file size down to say 80 * 50 pixels, if the web master had any clues they should chop down the pixel size and in return chop their file size down from many Megabytes down to just a few kilobytes.

This is why I hate using a modern cell phone because my money & data is gone in a flash.

• It appears i may of jumped the gun on this, maybe i should try a write a php page and see if using "filesize()" and a few other thing to get the size, put it on my own website. Wnen it works come back & make a suggestion. In mean time I would happy to hear your opinion on mobile data eating websites

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.