Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Jquery broken in Opera 43.0 for Ubuntu 16.04.1 (XFCE)

  • Since I updated, my Jquery website doesn't load anymore.

    I see 2 errors in the console namely:

    • Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ] jq.js 1
    • Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined (index):67

    The jq.js file looks like this in the console:

    Looks like some encoding issue. Everything loads fine with Opera Mini for Android for example

  • False alarm guys.

    I tried to reload the site several times without cache enabled, but didn't know this wouldn't always disable the cache.

    Now I cleared the entire browser cache and Jquery loads fine again.