Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Unknown background data - spike

• Today I got a mobile data usage warning. Since the start of the February, according to the Opera Max "Save mobile data" screen, I have used 261MB of background data.

Looking at what has used background data it lists as the highest Google Play Services at 4.3MB with only 3 others over 1MB.

How do I work out where the leak is?

Looking at data usage in the Settings section of Android I can see a definite spike in mobile data over the last day or so with Opera Max the highest user at 280MB since 20th January. I did update Android to 6.01 today but did it over Wi-Fi.

Thanks for any assistance!

• Welcome to the Opera forums @Hermetical!

Is Spike this?, would be the responsible of the "ghost" data in an HD Tv show

• That's strictly intel about background data, no leak or data leakage without your consent. You may see the same thing in settings>data usage panel.

• In play death zone my Android device consume @700kb.