:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Internet Radio works on Firefox, but not on Opera

• I am running Debian 'Jessie'. Internet radio (www.1.fm) works using Firefox, but not when using Opera 37.0.2178.43. The website displays and acts like it's playing the program, but there is no sound. Opera works properly on YouTube.com.

How do I get Opera to play sound on Internet radio?

• could be the flash plugin? can you play a flash game?

• For me it's working. I have no idea if the website uses flash or not, or what codecs are required. With these commands, you can install third-party codecs and H.264:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    sudo apt-get install chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra

Try to restart Opera and see if it's working. If not, you may have to install flash. Then there are two alternatives, either:

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

(You may also have to run this command:)

sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install

However, right now there are problems with the command above, so if you restart Opera and it still isn't working, try the second alternative instead:

1. Open software and updates
    2. Click "other software"
    3. Check "Canonical partners"
    4. Click "Close", then "Reload" in the pop-up.
    5. Then run this command: sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

Then restart Opera.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.