Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

pepperflash in Ubuntu 16.04

• had pepperflash installed

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

But nothing happen

• 32-bit OS?

• 32-bit OS?

NO

• Please follow the steps described here: https://forums.opera.com/post/98298

• I have confirmed that installing adobe-flashplugin will give Opera version 21 of Flash (and will not interfere with the old NPAPI version 11 which Firefox is using). I suspect this is merely a new name being used for the pepperflash plugin.

• Hi jamesisin,

Don't forget to add NoFlash for Opera browser from Opera's store. This will help protect you from Flash when you don't want Flash to be active.

Did you get a chance to read this form the BBC yesterday?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36301904

perknh

• VMware (for no apparent reason) is still using Flash for their Web interfaces (like Horizon View Administrator and vSphere). It's about the only reason I need it on my work machine. I do hope they stop.

As to NoFlash, I just change plugins to click-to-run and use exceptions for my sites.

• Hi jamesisin,

I can't believe that CBS News is still using Flash, but it is. I'll be glad when Flash is gone too.

perknh

• I have confirmed that installing adobe-flashplugin will give Opera version 21 of Flash (and will not interfere with the old NPAPI version 11 which Firefox is using). I suspect this is merely a new name being used for the pepperflash plugin.

Hi there, @jamesisin! For me, adobe-flashplugin gave only flash version 11 to my Opera browser. In order to get the flash up-to-date, I had to purge adobe-flashplugin and install pepperflash. To remove adobe-flashplugin:

sudo apt-get remove --purge adobe-flashplugin

To install pepper-flashplugin:

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

Well, that was when I still had Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Upgrading the distro till 16.04 LTS, all the problems seemed to vanish just like that. And yeah, both of them 64-bit. Cheers!

• jayaguru-shishya -- The OP and I are both using 16.04 so these instructions are for that version.