Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Opera doesn't launch but displays no error messages.

• Opera no longer offers tar files for new releases and no package for my distribution is offered. As a result, I'm attempting to use opera_stable_34.0.2036.25_and64.deb. I had to compile cups, gconf, and libnotify due to error messages.

Unfortunately, Opera doesn't load, I never proceed past ./opera. It's rather difficult to debug the problem with error feedback. What should I check?

• I have to add my opinion too.
    My opera crashes (Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS 64-bit) constantly after latest update.
    I tried to reinstall it but no use at all. It even can't send crash report.
    Somebody from developers has to check problem with Opera immediately.
    Regards,

• I found starting Opera without Sandbox works (./opera --no-sandbox). That's the good news. The bad news is the features for which I use Opera no longer exist. Pity.