:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Ubuntu Blocking Opera?

• I can't use the Ubuntu Software Downloader, very long story and I want to get to the bottom of the problem of visiting your [opera] download site. I have Ubuntu, I will be moving to another *nix as I have my reservations over Ubuntu and the way I have been treated on two separate occasions 8 years apart. Not impressed... So I download the suggested version from the link served up.

Ubuntu Software centre refuses to install the file named : opera_12.16.1860_amd64.deb and states that it is wrong architecture 'amd64' as a warning message.

I can't use the Ubuntu side of things as my KeyRing is what? What key? when did I get given a key and why do I need to keep giving a key I D K ? Chrome crumbles under whatever Ubuntu in background is doing, and... Firefox burns and what I am wondering is if Opera sings... Where do I get a *nix installer for Ubuntu until I can get a more stable option running.

1. Do you have a 32 or 64 bit computer?
    2. Do you want the old opera 12 or the new one? (33)

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.