Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Problem audio streaming podcast

• Hi everyone, I've just started using opera on my Mint distro. and I'm really enjoying it. I have one problem trying to get audio to play on a popup media player. I go to the sight www.insight.org and open the daily broadcast, the media player (Broadcaster) pops up with all the correct information but then the podcast will not play. It tries too for a few seconds but then it just stops. Clicking on the play button has no effect.

Does anyone have any option I could try or any ideas to help etc?

thanks you all.

• I had the same issue with Google Play Music. It seems Opera doesn't include all the codecs that e.g. Chromium includes and cannot actually stream mp3 (on my PC). Here's what I did:

1. install chromium-browser

2. go to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/opera-developer/lib/" (or something else than "-developer" if you are running a different version)

3. make a backup of "libffmpeg.so.33"

4. copy "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs/libffmpeg.so" over the old "libffmpeg.so.33" in opera's folder

5. restart opera

Annoying, but it worked for me...

• Thanks for that help, I thought it was something to do with the right codecs but I didn't know how to go about adding the right one.

I'll give it a try and let you know. I'm a bit nervous but that looks logical.

thanks heaps.