So on another linux box with the same Ubutnu-gnome 14.04.5 I devloped a problem when I tried to link into sync and the short answer is the /.config/opera/Preferences got ruined. Seam what happens is the password sections of this file are replaced with a link to the sync and for a reason I have not discovered yet syncing the passwords does not work well. The difference seams to be text in that file similar to [,"Passwords":"a 16 digit number"] and during The beginning of the sync opera started to open and crash about 3 times before final failure, see (/topic/40327/opera-crashes-1-minute-after-being-opened). The password reference gets changed to ,"PASSWORD":"SyncEngineImpl" in any password field. The file is impossible to work with in Gedit so I used my Geany IDE as it is a very long single line with no line breaks. I did study some programming but discovered I did not like it very much, so I can't claim to be a programmer, but it is my hope someone with skills might figure this out, as I have tried to open tickets about this with mo response from the Opera crew for months now. My guess is the sixteen digit number is a hash as I can't find a file that matches the number on on my 4 different Ubuntu boxes the number is different on each one. I have not bothered with my one win7 partition as windows angers me with the slow loading and Click and wait crap. Also they are different progressive versions and the problem continues, if I use the password sync, as I had a version I could see the passwords unit I tried to sync them. Don't sync the password, but export them!!!
Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!
Download Opera browser with:
- built-in ad blocker
- battery saver
- free VPN