New Opera Forums launching soon!
Discussion thread

How to copy and paste cookies file in opera portable for use with different system.

zaitsev
zaitsev

1 posts

After i install opera portable then i edited cookies with extension. I try copied this folder opera portable into usb drive and paste this folder to another pc of laptops. But not work, cookies data that i setup at once disappear when check with extension.

I know that, i should use extension to import and export cookie data but i want to know why copy and paste not work. It'possible to copy and paste instead import and export cookies.

3 Replies - 50 Views

leocg
    0 0
    leocg

13248 posts

• 10000 posts

I try copied this folder opera portable into usb drive and paste this folder to another pc of laptops

What exactly did you do? What extension did you use?

I know that, i should use extension to import and export cookie data but i want to know why copy and paste not work.

I've copied the Cookies file from one Opera installation to another - in the same computer - and it seems to have worked fine.

sgunhouse
    0 0
    sgunhouse

3872 posts

• Server monkey
    • 2000 posts

Cookies, like passwords, are encrypted to the user account and will not work for another user account nor on a different PC. Sorry, can't be done.

leocg
    0 0
    leocg

13248 posts

• 10000 posts

Cookies, like passwords, are encrypted to the user account

Didn't know that.