chromecast for Opera

gingercat65
gingercat65

1 posts

Was quite disgusted to see Chrome have disabled the extension, is there no way I can cast Youtube from my pc to my TV screen.

Any comments or help greatly appreciated, what a sneaky trick Chrome have pulled,, no warning either.

9 Replies - 3943 Views

zalex108
    0 0
    zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
    • 1000 posts

Welcome to Opera forums @Gingercat65!

I don't know about this extension, but if the problem it's about extension on chorme store, you may search the .crx on google or if u have installed in other PC you can export / import to another browser.

leocg
    1 0
    leocg

13031 posts

• 10000 posts
    zalex108
    0 0
    zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
    • 1000 posts

"Chromecast doesn't work, but we are working on the fix. Unfortunately, it takes much more time than expected, so please be patient."

I don't understand:

• If I'm not wrong, part of Chromium it's owned from Google.
    • Chrome it's form Google.
    • I suppose, Opera and Google has a "good" relationship.
    • Google has ChromeCast and shares Blink with Opera.

Why do not use their code to use their platform ¿? If it's possible to improve it from Opera, better, but at least, make it workable for Opera users.
    Which is the real problem?

Sorry if it's Off Topic

hennisg
    0 0
    hennisg

1 posts

Patiently waiting but just wanted to add this is getting critical, I'm sick and tired of chromes memory leaks, No matter what I cast to my chromecast, after about 5-10 minutes the chromebrowser crashes stating it is out of memory. Opera is my default browser and I love it the best for many reasons, would love to be able to cast using opera.

asafgomez
      0 0
      Ninja

3 posts

[Mod note: You already asked that question and already got an answer]

verybatman
        0 0
        verybatman

4 posts

Is somebody still working on this?

zalex108
          0 0
          zalex108

1401 posts

• Server monkey
          • 1000 posts

?

Windows 10 (x64) | Anniversary Update
          Opera Stable · Beta · Developer

Test profile | Back up Linux · Mac · Win

sgunhouse
          0 0
          sgunhouse

3761 posts

• Server monkey
          • 2000 posts

It's already there, why would they need to work on it? Right-click on the screen and choose "Cast..."

verybatman
          0 0
          verybatman

4 posts

But it doesn't work. It works after enabling flag opera://flags/#media-router But casting Youtube and Twitch still not working. Application on TV shows "Ready to Cast - pick a broadcast from your device to start watching on your TV" Works only mirror desktop. In Chrome works perfectly. In Opera Dev doesn't work at all. Any ideas?