Tab scroll/Minimum Tab width?

my1xt
my1xt

18 posts

(by the way search doesnt work, always bumps me back to forum index) I have a question: is there a way to enable tab scrolling/setting a minimum tab width similar as it is in firefox? I started off with opera dev when I heard of the native adblocker and VPN features which really are intresting. but there is one problem: similar to chrome (and IE), having a lot of tabs is a pain because the tab get smaller and smaller in the end having just a portion of or not even a single character left to read. Comparing Firefox which has a minimum tab width and then changing to a scrolling mode always giving you a read on the start of the tab title.

so long story short: is there a setting (or extension) for this?

4 Replies - 177 Views

leocg
    0 0
    leocg

11735 posts

• 10000 posts

is there a way to enable tab scrolling/setting a minimum tab width similar as it is in firefox?

Nope, not at this moment.

having a lot of tabs is a pain because the tab get smaller and smaller in the end having just a portion of or not even a single character left to read.

For now you can try using multiple windows.

is there a setting (or extension) for this?

Don't know about extensions that do it.

my1xt
    0 0
    my1xt

18 posts

For now you can try using multiple windows. I think the reason I use tabs in the first place is to not use multiple windows.

but it is sad that there's nothing for that.

opera dev runs quite a bit faster than FF (well having a half empty profile and not 100+ tabs open probably helps) but this is annoying

leocg
      0 0
      leocg

11735 posts

• 10000 posts

IIRC they said a while ago that they were working on some tab improvements so maybe you can dream about better tab handling in the future.

gn8o213hg892
      0 0
      gn8o213hg892

1 posts

Please hurry up. This is the main reason why I'm not using Opera. I missed that feature already 5 years ago!

This discussion has been closed.