Opera for Android - crash

jarmush
jarmush

75 posts

• Server monkey

I have Android 4.4.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

After I've updated my apps via playstore (first time in maybe a year or two) I got a lot of problem with Opera browser. Opera stops very often. The message is "Opera stops", and the browser must be shut down.

This was not a problem before I did the update via playstore.

The problem is so anoying that I'm thinking of trying another browser, for the first time. I've always been using Opera browser on my mobile phone.

10 Replies - 435 Views

zalex108
0 0
zalex108

989 posts

• Server monkey
  • 500 posts

You may use Sync and make a copy of profile folder (some data it's no synced but maybe could be imported from a bckp), ES File Explorer (has Root) needed, or any other file explorer capable to access system files.

Then Uninstall, clean, install Opera again.

I've read a thread about SD downloads crashes Opera, do you have your installation in the device or it's in the SD?
Maybe has something related.

nerv2
0 0
nerv2

66 posts

Seems to be related with memory management or fonts. I didn't see this problem since Opera 18, cache deletion was a good try at that time.

jarmush
    0 0
    jarmush

75 posts

• Server monkey

zalex108

Sorry for asking, but what is SD downloads?

I tried to delete Opera browser and cleaned everything and installed it once again, but still Opera browser is freezing or stops now and then.

zalex108
    0 0
    zalex108

989 posts

• Server monkey
    • 500 posts

zalex108
    Sorry for asking, but what is SD downloads?
    I tried to delete Opera browser and cleaned everything and installed it once again, but still Opera browser is freezing or stops now and then.

In a phone I mean SD as "SD Card".

Did you delete the Opera foldert too?

jarmush
    0 0
    jarmush

75 posts

• Server monkey

It's a Samsung mobile phone. And when I deleted the Opera app I guess everything about Opera was deleted or.....? There isn't any folders on my phone or is something I'm missing here?

I have no extra SD Card in my phone, other than what was in my phone when I bought it.

zalex108
    0 0
    zalex108

989 posts

• Server monkey
    • 500 posts

I don't know what happens in android when you delete an app, so use ES File Explorer and search for Opera, if something appears, delete it.

lunetick
    0 0
    lunetick

3 posts

same problem here on s6 and galaxy tab A. I tried to delete and reinstall didn't worked. switched back to version 36, and it doesn't crash. Since the new UI versions opera was almost always unusable. As example, browsing reddit, will crash about every 10 posts. really sad opera devs don't address the issues since the new UI..

jarmush
      0 0
      jarmush

75 posts

• Server monkey

I also think this is something about the new UI on Opera browser.

Now I have installed Dolphin browser on my Samsung phone and it is more stabile and faster than Opera.

monarchopera
      0 0
      monarchopera

2 posts

Same Problem here with bq aquaris x5 plus and Android 7. Since Version 42.4.2246.113571 Opera crashes every few minutes. Even the beta Version of Opera crashes regularly.

42.3.2246.113338 is fine, but I really don't like the changes in UI (every websearch opens a new tab that has to closed later). In latest "stable" Version 42.7.2246.114996 my issues in the UI got fixed but it crashes about every 3 minutes while browsing.

By the way: Loading (buffering?) videos takes up to 30 seconds depending on the length of the video. But I don't know since which version this problem appeared.

monarchopera
        0 0
        monarchopera

2 posts

Even my friend with brand new Huawei p9 plus is telling me, Opera crashes constantly. If you look through the commentaries on playstore, you will notice, we are by far not the only users having problems. Seems to be a big issue and I feel left alone by Opera. I really want to stay true on Opera, but it can't go on like that.