Opera Mini beta for Windows Phone - ready for testing

espenthoresen
espenthoresen

1 posts

• Opera employee

Hi everyone

Last week we asked for your help to test the beta version of Opera Mini for Windows Phone. The test version is now ready and sent to all the testers that signed up for the beta. For those of you early birds that made it into the beta test, we’d really appreciate if you can give your feedback in this forum string, so we can improve the user experience further.

If you’re one of the unlucky ones that missed the chance to join our Windows beta testers group. Don’t despair, we’re also making the build available to all you Opera Forums users. Have a go at it!

UPDATE: We have now released an update that should improve the crashing problems some of you experience on start-up. Go to the Windows Phone store and get the new build. The issues with not being able to play video on YouTube has also been fixed.

Download the Opera Mini beta: http://opr.as/f0Y

Enjoy!

884 Replies - 27488 Views

torkell
6 0
torkell

1 posts

This is great! Looking forward to this :cheers: I have dowloaded the app, but when I open the app it runs for 2-3 sec and then shuts Down. Do you have any suggestions. I'm using a lumia 1020.

stilliwig
    13 0
    stilliwig

2 posts

Installed but it crashes each time it tries to load up...

vvk2014
      11 0
      vvk2014

2 posts

Lumia 925, dp 8.1,gdr 1, app doesn't start at all. 3 star can be given for the opera's coming to the store as avance. I waited for this app so much,but....by the way, app works on limia 820 with the same os, but doesn't want to start on lumia 925

renevertje
        2 1
        renevertje

1 posts

Nokia Lumia 920 app shuts down after 2-3 seconds. WP 8.10.12393.890

h3csc
          6 0
          h3csc

2 posts

As mentioned by other the app crashes upon start up now but it was working last night. While it was working here is a few comments 1. UI is nostalgic, but would be better if it is more inline with the Windows Phone user interface. 2. The live tile is not transparent after the 8.1 update. 3. Loading speed is fine, significantly faster than its closest competition the Nokia Xpress Browser. But at first impression it seems to consume more data than the Xpress Browser. 4. I know this is Opera Mini not Opera Mobile but the text formatting is still pretty bad.

Overall it is a great news that my favourite browser when I was using Symbian and UIQ is back. Hopefully the bug that is stopping it from starting will be rectify as soon as possible

spfohl
            1 0
            spfohl

1 posts

Yes here to. Device is a Lumia 925. No Cyan Update is installed but im at the following System Settings:

Make and model of the phone Nokia Lumia 925 Current OS on the phone 8.10.14157.200 (Developer Preview) Current firmware revision on the phone 30.514.000.013.451.000 Current regional setting of your phone. Deutschland Current language setting of your phone. Deutschland Current speech setting of your phone. Deutschland

alan7690
              0 0
              alan7690

1 posts

Yes the last update is crashing but not on start up for me just when I try to go to any website

murmandek
                3 0
                murmandek

1 posts

Lumia 1320, Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 DP.

App crashes in next 2-3 seconds after starting.

lecoeursec
                  4 0
                  lecoeursec

1 posts

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the loading screen. Lumia 920, Black firmware, OS version 8.10.14157.200 (Dev. Preview)

simsongmao
                    1 0
                    simsongmao

2 posts

不能使用,NOKIA 920 DP8.1。

praxius
                      1 0
                      praxius

11 posts

Hello and thank you for developing this web browser for Windows Phone.

I installed the app last night and ran it for a while with no issues. Very impressive alternative to IE. I love the layout and functionality. I also noticed that it runs a few mobile sites better than IE.

However this morning I ran into son critical issues. It first loaded up fine but everytime I clicked a bookmark or loaded a URL the app crashed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it crashes seconds after opening, before I can do anything.

I am on a Nokia Lumia 925 - Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers (Black)

I hope this can be resolved quickly as this is a really well done app when it worked.

lawsonho
                        1 0
                        lawsonho

1 posts

Lumia 920, OS: 8.10.14157.200

It crashes before it can start up.

revanmj
                          3 0
                          revanmj

1 posts

I also agree that UI doesn't fit into Windows Phone at all. I was also counting on rendering on par with newest Opera Mini for iOS, instead we get kind of borked sites known from old versions from Android / iOS / Windows Mobile / Java. I hope this will change before the release of the final version.

windlibra
                            0 0
                            windlibra

1 posts

My phone is Lumia 1520. I choose 400% to zoom in page. But the text and icon inside Opera is still small. On some Chinese websites, such as weibo.cn and wapp.baidu.com, Chinese characters slip and overlap which looks like a far early bug in opera mini. Hope Opera better.

69wpm
                              0 0
                              69wpm

1 posts

Crashes at start up on a Lumia 630 Dual-SIM.

iraqidanish2
                                0 0
                                iraqidanish2

1 posts

Welcome to Windows Phone Community. Runs Smooth. No Cash till Now. Lumia 625 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

hernestwisnu
                                  1 0
                                  hernestwisnu

1 posts

The app successfully installed, loads up but immediately shuts down on Lumia 925, WP 8.1 OS version 8.10.12393.890

giacay
                                    0 0
                                    giacay

1 posts

Open very slowly Can not login my web page (portal.vnpt.vn) I fill my user name and password, and it return to start page

amogh97
                                      0 0
                                      amogh97

1 posts

Hi, opera team First of all Thanks for making opera mini for windows phone, There's a bug which crashes the app many times and also sometimes after clicking any specific link it do not get me to that link and go to a different link instead of! Please fix these issues! Thanks :happy:

daxxxster
                                        2 0
                                        daxxxster

1 posts

I'm having the same statup issue. Lumia 925, win phone 8.1

petrtwo
                                          0 0
                                          petrtwo

1 posts

It crashes during start so I can not enjoy this app at all. I have HTC 8X (latest Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview).

laserna
                                            0 0
                                            laserna

1 posts

App is crashing on start up. Lumia 1020 OS 8.10.12393.890 RM-875apaclaosthailand259, WP8.1 Cyan. Downloaded from the Store 2 hours ago.

evgeniipanikaro
                                              0 0
                                              evgeniipanikaro

1 posts

Lumia 1020 Cyan App crashes in next 2-3 seconds after starting.

mthobi
                                                0 0
                                                mthobi

1 posts

Its crashes before it can start up

920 Lumia

grzechboys
                                                  0 0
                                                  grzechboys

1 posts

I have the same problem like all of you/ Lumia 1020

hermandob
                                                    0 0
                                                    hermandob

1 posts

Also repeating, opera shuts down as it is busy starting,stuck on loading white screen for few seconds. Please fix I really want to test out the app

asna-eram
                                                      1 0
                                                      asna-eram

1 posts

Same here. App crashing on start up. Uninstalled and installed several times. But it's crashing always while loading. On Preview for Developers Lumia 1320.

dxjwsf
                                                        0 0
                                                        dxjwsf

1 posts

Nokia Lumia 920 . WP 8.10.12397.895

opera link Cant be synchronized!

cc1138
                                                          0 0
                                                          cc1138

9 posts

I'm running the app on my Lumia 1020 with Cyan firmware and Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 via developers preview-- it worked fine at first and was pretty fun to use, but now I have the same problem everyone else has, where it crashes two seconds after opening. Please, please fix the crashing issue!

harsha483
                                                            1 0
                                                            Console

2 posts

Lumia 1320 Windows8.1 cyan shuts down automatically when opened

khudhur
                                                              0 0
                                                              khudhur

1 posts

It crashes every time :(

dswebandapp
                                                                0 0
                                                                dswebandapp

1 posts

I am on a Lumia 1020 with the latest developer update (WP 8.1 GDR1 Beta) and thr app crashes at the start.

theferrango
                                                                  0 0
                                                                  theferrango

1 posts

Also crashing here within 2 or three seconds after launching. Also, if I start the application while in airplane mode, pressing the Exit button results in the application freezing Lumia 925 - Windows Phone 8.1 with Cyan

vvk2014
                                                                    0 0
                                                                    vvk2014

2 posts

os version: 8.10.14157.200 filmware version: 3051.40000.1345.1004 Hello, i'm from russia. app crashed as soon as started. reboot and reinstal didn't help(((

p3root
                                                                      0 0
                                                                      p3root

1 posts

Also crashing here after start. OS 8.10.14157.200 FW 3051.40000.1345.0005

kobra41
                                                                        0 0
                                                                        kobra41

2 posts

Lumia 920 wp8.1 Cyan + Developer for Preview. Does not work.

dreydark
                                                                          0 0
                                                                          dreydark

1 posts

Yes, I think there is a problem with lumia 920 WP 8.10.12393.890 or similar., but I'm happy to see Opera in windows phone. Thanks

simonsensz
                                                                            0 0
                                                                            simonsensz

2 posts

Before the update, Websites were loading but images had crazy moves and flare

After the last update websites are not even loading but the app shuts down

Please make a nice and useful Windows Phone Design

Lumia 1020 64GB O2 Germany WP8.1 Update Preview for Developers black

rashed-mamun
                                                                              1 0
                                                                              rashed-mamun

1 posts

shut down after 2-3 seconds of opening! mine is lumia 820 with cyan updated.

chetanpujari
                                                                                0 0
                                                                                chetanpujari

1 posts

Nokia Lumia 630 Was working perfect but crashed after using half hour.. Files downloaded can't be seen in file manager.. Can't upload images or any file.. Please add this feature..

busster95
                                                                                  1 0
                                                                                  busster95

2 posts

I can't even open the app, it shuts down automatically. Nokia Lumia 930 WP 8.1 update 1.

kotesh561
                                                                                    0 0
                                                                                    kotesh561

3 posts

Till now opera mini beta version is smooth on my phone .... It's good

tchaikie
                                                                                      0 0
                                                                                      tchaikie

1 posts

Crashes on my Lumia 1020.

kjllmeplz
                                                                                        0 0
                                                                                        kjllmeplz

1 posts

work on my Lumia 820 8.1 GDR1. However, when cleck manager in speed dial, there's no way to turn off it unless u click on URLBar or SearchBar. And need to change the font, it's look so terrible.

lkyliang
                                                                                          0 0
                                                                                          lkyliang

1 posts

Failed to parse client request. Transcoder: s18-07-04 Client: Opera Mini/7.6.8/hifi/elm

Get this error everytime I use the search toolbar on top after I just booted up Opera Mini. I must either wait for a while before searching or press some random link before searching.

Please change the animation for the loading button when you tap and hold. That's seriously outdated.

andreasbiornhansen
                                                                                            0 0
                                                                                            andreasbiornhansen

1 posts

1020 + Dev. preview WP 8.1, Norway: app crashes whenever I try to access a web site.

kut988
                                                                                              0 0
                                                                                              Console

1 posts

Install 10.9.2014 Morning, Lumia 920 WP8.1

When open the program, see the white page and opera mini logo then return the windows home screen.

simonsensz
                                                                                                0 0
                                                                                                simonsensz

2 posts

Would be so great of you developing a universal app for Windows Phone AND Windows :) I think I could be a good alternative on a tablet, too! So do the work just once...

abhijeetbzu
                                                                                                  0 0
                                                                                                  abhijeetbzu

2 posts

Whenever I start its loading animation starts for 2-3 second and then it shuts down automatically. I am using Lumia 1320 but other than this model on my frnds phone they have Same problem. This problem is mostly in 8.1 OS. Please work towards it

nikitozx
                                                                                                    1 0
                                                                                                    nikitozx

1 posts

Hello dear developers Opera Mini for Windows Phone! Opera mini does not start on my phone Nokia Lumia 925 (WP 8.1 Cyan). Running the program ends at the stage that is displayed in the screenshot. I attach a screenshot of the comment. http://файлообменник.рф/ixu7t8y79j72.html