I can't play some videos on Opera but they work perfectly fine on other browsers like Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Not all videos are like this, but there are a lot of them. Those includes for exemple :
- some Youtube videos
- some I can't watch all the time (i.e : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivS9wbKEJI&)
- some I can't watch just after they have been released ; waiting a couple of
hours seems to "resolve" the problem (the videos of this guy channel for instance : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWizIdwZdmr43zfxlCktmNw)
- all videos from twitter or facebook
- twitch streams are not working either
- Vimeo's and Streamable videos as well
- gif from Imgur are not working either but gif from gfycat are ok
Concerning hardware and software :
- I am running the latest opera version (56.0.3051.36) and I've been trying the beta versions without any success.
- I am running Windows 10 - 64 bits
For the hardware i got :
- Intel I7-2600 cpu @3.40GHz
- 16Gb of Ram
- Nvidia GE Force GTX 660
It has been going on for a few months now ; I don't recall exactly since when. I remember that it was working all fine before. I have been trying to resolve the problem myself but haven't succeeded. I thought it was a h.264 problem but when I go to youtube.com/html5 the website tell me my browser support all format (see screen shot : https://puu.sh/BiZj8/9fac266da3.png). On Html5test.com the website tell me that the Opera does'nt support mp4 (see screen shot : https://puu.sh/BiZl4/a736058912.png). However on https://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html the video test they put for H.264/mp4 videos does not work (see screen shot https://puu.sh/BiZpA/06feb37392.png).
I also tried a few extensions but non resolved the problem. I reported this bug to the opera team late august, but without any improvement since then, I decided to give a try with the forum.
Fun fact, I got a laptop running Windows 7 64 bits and Opera works just fine on it. All videos playing very well. I can give you the specs if you want.
So today I decided i had enough of this, so here is my last try to resolve
this problem. If no solution is found, I will go on another browser and say
those who asks how Opera is a terrible browser (what a threat, heh ?).
Thank you for reading and have a good day