Here are few things we would like to share with you.
All our moderation is currently done manually. We have two queues: the first is for updated extensions, kept with minimum delay, and the second is for new extensions. The second takes time, as you have already noticed.
To help us speed up the extensions moderation process, here is what you can do:
- Prepare small updates for extensions. The less code submitted, the faster the updating process will go.
- Give us a detailed changelog, if possible
- When attaching screenshots of the extension, use ones made in the Opera browser
- Make sure you provide the correct Summary and Description in all languages
- Descriptions should be in a declared language rather than English (i.e. Russian extensions should have description in Russian)
- In manifest.json, use minimized set of permissions
- Use content script only for needed domains (i.e. use "/youtube.com/" instead of <all_urls> for a Youtube-only extension)
- Remove all unnecessary files
- If you use third party libraries, use versions from official sites (best to add specific links) or add versions from cdnjs.com
- If you obfuscate or minify your extension, add on a wall URL to your source code and give us the exact instruction on how to build it - best if you provide the building script
We are currently trying to work on a better first time experience and on ways to get initial versions of extensions into our store. Stay tuned.