@ViAik Thank you, this works (so far)! This let me back up my data so that I didn't lose it all.
As a note to other users, it might help to do this:
- Find your profile by going to
- For Windows, it is likely
- For macOS, it is likely
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/com.operasoftware.Opera. You can access this folder by opening Finder then clicking "Go" in the menu bar, then "Go to Folder..." and pasting the profile location.
- Make a backup of the Preferences file.
- Open the Preferences file (use TextEdit on macOS) and paste its contents into an online JSON beautifier
- Look for the blacklist settings in the lines below the extension ID. Also, for Mac users, the profile location is probably . In general, you can find your profile path by going to
true, and set
- Save the file. If something goes wrong, restore your backup.