Ability to resize the Extension Bar and reorder Icons
2. What it does
- When pointing the mouse at the left edge of the Extension Bar, Cursor changes and lets the user resize it to the desired amount of visible Extension (Icons). In addition a drop-down icon appears on the right side to select hidden Icons.
- Each Extension Icon can be reordered per drag & drop.
Here is a Screenshot showing the scenario (Google Chrome, which natively supports both features):
3. Why it is useful
Since the amount of visible Extension icons decreases with lower Screen Resolution/Width (18 items with 1920 pixels), items that exceed this amount are automatically hidden, thus these Extensions cannot be used anymore.
Adding support for resize and drag & drop allows users to:
- use more Extensions than their screen width currently allows them to
- hide Extensions they don't use very frequently, but often enough to have them enabled
- reorder the Extension Icons as they wish (similar Extensions side by side, order from most used on the one side to less used on the other, or any other order one may have in mind)
- Currently the amount of usable Extensions is limited by screen width (there is no way to use an Extension, if the icon is not visible
- Icons are ordered by date/time they were added
- Icon order is preserved even if any Extension was disabled and enabled again
Some words for the developers:
Please think about implementing these crucial features or at least some other kind of temporary workaround for using more Extensions