Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Mini 8 in Microemulator on Windows 7

• Hi, I am running Opera Mini 8 in Microemulator on Windows 7-64. It works, but every time I click on a download link it gives me this error "MIDlet requests that the device handle the following URL:".

I have tried various solutions posted on the net without any success.

Does anyone know how to fix? Is there a better emulator or something?

Thanks,

Dave

• No, the Microemulator ist the only one working.

What is your problem with these download URLs? What do you want to test?

• My problem is every time I click on a download link it gives me this error "MIDlet requests that the device handle the following URL:".

I have a mobile data plan and air card for internet access with my laptop and need to run the Opera Mini mobile browser to manage data usage... I just can't seem to resolve the download error.

Thanks,

Dave.

• Can you not use standard desktop Opera and enable 'Opera Turbo' via the main menu ?.

• I could but it would still use more data than Opera Mini because beyond the turbo compression the WAP version of pages delivered are far lighter.

• I can but that would still use more data than Opera Mini... beyond the compression the WAP version of pages are far lighter.

• You cant fix this download problem for the emulator.

The emulator can not be regarded as functional browser like Opera Mini on cell phones! It is a testing tool for developers and webdesigners.

• Really?... well, I must be special because I just fixed it with a change to the config file to set a download path.

• @devbox I just fixed it with a change to the config file to set a download path.

Please explain what you have changed in config file and with which parameters you have started the microemulator.