Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, June 27, starting from 07:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera 25.0 - Where have all settings gone?

• At least you have some settings.
    All I get - every time I open OPERA 25.0 is a message that "Your preferences files cannot be read. Some features may be unavailable and changes to settings won't be saved."

Hmm, how Opera was installed: For all users, for one user or standalone mode? Is Opera running with admin rights? Is Opera's profile folder acessible?

• [quote]Hmm, how Opera was installed: For all users, for one user or standalone mode? Is Opera running with admin rights? Is Opera's profile folder acessible?[/quote]

There is only one user on this computer. That is (of course) an administrator. How do I check whether Opera has Admin rights? Yes, Opera's profile folder is accessible.

• If you right click in launcher.exe at Opera's install folder and choose "run as administrator" do you get the error message?

And what happens if you rename Opera's profile folder to start a new one. Does Opera works in this case?