Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • Hello everybody,
    since the last update i lost all my passwords. At first I thought they are just not local because I was no longer logged in, but even when I logged in, my password is empty
    I had saved my passwords for around 150 websites and 50 that I use often. what should I do now or what can I do to restore it? there are local folders with the passwords. e.g. a backup
    second problem:
    As soon as I close the browser and reopen it, I have to log in again and the newly saved passwords are gone

• @chraebsli Having to login again is cookies, but it makes me wonder if you have a bigger problem. Did you run Opera as admin at some point? Don't do it, as it makes your files unmodifiable as a regular user. If you haven't, I'm not sure why both files should suddenly be a problem ...

• @sgunhouse No I didn't. A new problem which I have is that I can't login on my laptop. Sometimes it works that I can login but mostly not. Then after I could do the login it syncs all but not the passwords. Then at the top bar in the browser there's a symbol for my account I think with a yellow point. After I click on the symbol it shows a field but it doesn't load. The loading symbol is still there even after 1h. It can't be bad internet or something similar because websites are loading fast. I tried it the last 3 days and it still does not work so I don't think its a server problem. And if I'm logged in and close the browser, the next time I open Opera GX I have to login again
    What can I do because I need it for work. And I also can't save the passwords without the browser is connected to my account.