Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • When I hit CTRL-SHIFT-DEL I see this:
    c1811298-894d-4783-b137-88d95fb165ae-image.png

But I should see this:
    7b47702e-47b3-4ac0-b6f2-89a5b5a4bed6-image.png

Do you see the difference?
    Nobody can see, that the blue button is activated and ready to take a keyboard command.

• Topic Titke ► [Bugs] Snapshot Effect when Hardware Acceleration is ON

PC ►

• Opera 73.0.3856.344 Stable - 2 windows (1100x820) with 5 Workspaces each
    • Debian Bullseye 5.10.4-1 (2020-12-31) + IceWM + Pentium G645 @ 2.90GHz 2C/2T + 8 GB DDR3 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2 GB DRAM (driver 450.80.2-2) + ⤢21.5" Dell P2211H (TN 1920x1080)

The images of the list of the illustrations published below are being kept in bugs.hardware.support subdirectory in my Yandex Disk's Opera.Forum directory: https://yadi.sk/d/Z1PfltaInOR53w?w=1

[Fig. 3] Smudging effect when hardware acceleration is ON. The bhs_03.png screenshot is shown here as example or as a bait 😉 for further "study" of the issue.
    bhs_03.png

The horrible smudging is being kept by Opera Developer windows for 5 to 10 seconds (or longer). I can get rid of them clicking Opera windows in Application bar at the screen bottom to hid the windows and once again to get them back (visible).

I did removed (purged manually too) firstly everything connected with Nvidia libs and execs aka nvidia-driver(s) altogether and then reinstalled Nvidia applications once more.

[Fig. 14] (bhs_14.png) Smudging on left window using right window in the latest release 75.0.3939.0 (2021-01-18 18:31 CET)
    bhs_14.png

►(1) Opera Developer is frantically working in the background even when opened tabs are settled (no new tabs). What's he doing then? I do not like it. Damn not like it. I have had to turn to Opera Stable even if it had not corrected Snapshot Left Shift bug yet.

►(2) Opera Developer window evince Snapshot effect when Hardware Acceleration is ON.

Descriptions via illustrations.

1] Opera Developer Settings:

A.) Use hardware acceleration when available is ON

[Fig. 1] (bhs_01.png) Pristine two window Opera Developer layout
    [Fig. 2] (bhs_02.png) 1st Snapshot effect -> menu in the left bottom corner of the screenshot was taken by Opera window
    [Fig. 3] (bhs_03.png) Smudging on left window using user xterm with MC
    [Fig. 4] (bhs_04.png) Smudging on left window using root xterm with MC
    [Fig. 5] (bhs_05.png) Smudging on both window using user xterm with MC
    [Fig. 6] (bhs_06.png) Smudging on both window using root xterm with MC
    [Fig. 7] (bhs_07.png) GQview (image browser) opened on the right Opera Dev window - see the GQview's left border (visible)
    [Fig. 8] (bhs_08.png) GQview (image browser) opened on the right Opera Dev window - the GQview's left border is not visible what it means that the GQview image browser here is shown as a picture snapshotted by the Opera window!
    [Fig. 14] (bhs_14.png) Smudging on left window using right window in the latest release 75.0.3939.0 (2021-01-18 18:31 CET)

B.) Use hardware acceleration when available is OFF

[Fig. 9] (bhs_09.png) Ghosting on left window movig quicly user xterm with MC

2] Testing smudging on latest Vivaldi Snapshot moving MC window quickly for comparison of "the same Chromium base" browsers.

A.) Use hardware acceleration when available is ON

[Fig. 10] (bhs_10.png) Ghosting user xterm window with MC on Vivaldi window
    [Fig. 11] (bhs_11.png) Ghosting root xterm window with MC on Vivaldi window

B.) Use hardware acceleration when available is OFF

[Fig. 12] (bhs_12.png) Multiplying user xterm window with MC on Vivaldi window
    [Fig. 13] (bhs_13.png) Multiplying root xterm window with MC on Vivaldi window

► (3) Opera Stable is free from the Snapshot effects.

• DNA-90864 Add emoji button when adding / editing workspace

Can you explain a bit? I run Opera Dev, but definition of Workspaces is the same. What I missed?
    Thank you.

• @pavelopdev It's Opera Developer, so about 80, 90% of the changelog is work in progress.

opera://flags/#workspaces-emoji

• Blog post link on the changelog page is broken...

• DNA-90936 [RPM] Repository setup issue

Does the fix relate to the updating process on About page(no progress line and no relaunch button)?
    https://forums.opera.com/post/239503

• @andrew84 Seems to be related to Linux repository.

• @leocg ok, seems to be a long term bug. The bug already leaked in Beta, next stop is Stable.

• Where's new features?

• the option in settings doesn't open (on all channels)
    2021-01-19_011004.png

• @andrew84 Confirmed.
    W10x64, Operax64

• why when i go into the settings to disable tab snoozing, my tabs are still being snoozed.
    this is leading to some very undesirable behavior that affects tabs that i need to not be snoozed.

• Dear Dev Team,

I need to address an issue that I've been searching a solution for, for a while but couldn't find any.

Old devices on sync.opera.com can not be deleted. There is no way to do this. I'm not talking about speed dial or bookmarks etc.

I also asked this on forum but it's like not many people needed to do this before. I have only 4-5 devices but there seems to be 21 devices (many obsolete) on my account. I want to delete them.

https://forums.opera.com/topic/39757/how-to-delete-device-on-account-sync/3

• new 75.0.3946.0