Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

The Opera GX is slow topic

• I have exactly the same problems like bizkid.

My System:
    Intel I9 9900-k
    32 GB Ram

Current Version:LVL 2 (core: 71.0.3770.323)
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2

• Hi,
    Disabling hardware acceleration seems to have fixed it for me.
    I used to have the same problem with chrome, so it might be a problem with chromium.
    Hope it helps.

• Hi, im kinda mad because of this browser, when i first saw it i thought like "oh what the hell, that looks nice and clean, what could go wrong?" ah.... everything goes wrong, this browser is slower than anything i used before, even slower that the dead internet explorer, no offense here but what the f*** is this? why is it using more ram and cpu than google chrome and why does it have problems connecting to a website thats using a DDoS protection, like cmon thats gotta be a joke, i love that its providing an free VPN but still, the connection of the browser even without the VPN is so bad... its making me cry, its taking like 2 minutes to load a webpage and i dont know why, please fix the browser, it has so much potential that is unused.

• Ever since i have downloaded this browser, everything has been fine since this month, everything has been taking long to load. i have been restarting and clearing out unused space and it has been taking 2-3 minutes when i try to load a YouTube video, i have been turning on and off VPN, Ad Blocker, Tracker Blocker, and been re-downloading Opera GX. My connection to the internet has been fine, i have taken off extensions and it has been really slow. everything else has been slow a bit but only one website (YouTube) has been real laggy.

• Ok people, it seems that after the update that was released today, the issue that the browser takes time to close when you close it, is fixed. For me at least. So you might wanna check it out with the latest update.

• @bizkid it happend again 😞

• @arcticwukongs worked allitle bit for me but still laggggg

• @firefox289 said in The Opera GX is slow topic:

@bizkid it happend again 😞

For me, Opera is extrem slow too again.
    Tabs open delayed.

• @medulla actually i fixed it i disabled hardware accelaration and using the u block origin ad blocker and disablethe built in adblocker helped for me!

• @firefox289 said in The Opera GX is slow topic:

@medulla actually i fixed it i disabled hardware accelaration and using the u block origin ad blocker and disablethe built in adblocker helped for me!

and also disable other adblockers