Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Crash issues Windows 10

• I'm trying to diagnose some issues, my Windows 10 file explorer is freezing up until I restart it from task manager. I recently reinstalled win10 entirely.

The only reason I'm posting here is that I think there is a possibility the issue is linked to Opera. I believe this because if my file explorer freezes, so does my Opera browser. But other processes, i.e outlook continue to work absolutely fine.
    Another reason, it was happening frequently, so I disable hardware acceleration. Since then, it's less frequent.

I've run sfc, DISM check & scan health, nothing they can find there, which tilts me a little further towards the issue being with opera.

Any ideas here? Even just a 'It's windows not opera' or 'it's definitely opera' will be perfect, as at least I know where to further look into.

Info:
    Opera: Version: 64.0.3417.61 (latest according to opera itself, stable branch)
    Windows 10 Pro: build 10.0.18362 x64
    I run extensions LastPass and uBlock origin, I do not use the inbuilt adblocker.

Let me know if anything else is needed here? Thanks

• Have you tested renaming your profile?

Or uninstalling Opera for a while?
    Browsing with any other for some hours or days.

--
    "Off Topic Tip"
    Follow the Signature's Backup | Reset link.
    Take the opportunity to start a Backup plan and even create a Template Profile.

SyncBack | Synkron helps.

Windows 7 (x64)
    Opera Test profile | Opera Backup | Reset

• @zalex108 I have tried renaming and using a new profile, I'm going to try again but not login or use any extensions or anything.

The only reason I stuck with Opera was due to its features, I can move over to a different browser whilst diagnosing, I just haven't yet as it's frequent but just too infrequent! I'll see how the profile change goes first.

I just wasn't sure why an Opera freeze might also freeze windows explorer, but nothing else.

Thank you

• If you uninstall Opera, does explorer still freeze? If not, then yes, it's totally possible that Opera could be interfering in some way. But, it doesn't seem too likely.

@Mozza7 said in Crash issues Windows 10:

I recently reinstalled win10 entirely.

If you haven't gotten too far in setting everything back up yet, consider reinstalling again just to rule out issues with the Windows 10 installation.