Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Browser wont update

• Hello all, I would like a solution to fix the update problems i'm having for months now and now it has gone worse. For the last 2 days i have been having flash problems and tried another browser and it worked on that so i deleted this and downloaded it again and the flash started working again. the version was on the one before the 63.0.3368.71 update (62 something) i always check for updates and i'm wondering why can be blocking it ? some times i have to restart my browser twice for it to update some times and some times says failed. i don't use any anti virus so that can't be blocking it and only thing i have is windows defender that comes with version of windows 10 that i'm using.

• @danielg20x Try running the installer, it uses to fix such issues.

• @leocg Thanks for replying. forgot to mention i have been getting crash problems and its been shutting down. could my profile be corrupted?, i did try the installer but that didn't solve the check update thing, it dont happen all the time.

• @danielg20x Yes, it could be the cause of the crashes

• For myself I stopped using Flash Player about a year ago and not experienced any issues. If i were you I would uninstal it. As a person who has had difficulty with updating Opera in the past you could download the full offline installer as I sometimes do,making sure it instals to correct directory. If you suspect something is wrong with a profile you could do a standalone instal so that all files get installed to one folder and sub folders therein and then create a new profile. I usually find if i'm looking at email or anything not browser related Opera usually (eventually) will update itself. I hope one of these will be a solution for you.

• reinstall Opera version 62.0.3331.18, cancel auto-update and default browser - it helped me